lout-users

Re: current thoughts on PDF back end

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: current thoughts on PDF back end
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 02:10:21 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Sunday, May 13, 2001 at 10:45:56 (+1100), Jeff Kingston wrote: ]
> Subject: current thoughts on PDF back end
>
> So I'm hypothesising that the best way forward from here would be
> to withdraw the PDF back and end tell people who want PDF to run
> the pipeline
>
>    lout | ps2pdf

I don't mind that at all.  I've only ever used the lout PDF backend once
as far as I can remember, and generally I can convince people I have to
share documents with to simply accept PS.  These days they can usually
figure out how to view it or print it on their own, and even PC users
generally know what to do with a *.gz file (PS files are of course
rather large but easily and effectively compressed).

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <address@hidden>     <address@hidden>
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>;   Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>