lout-users

Re: LOUT and XML

From: Ian Carr-de Avelon
Subject: Re: LOUT and XML
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:26:00 +0200

Giovanni Zezza <address@hidden> wrote:
>Similarly, I can't understand why having all those "angle brackets" hanging
>over all the time could sensibly relieve my pain in document production.
Then you probably don't (yet) have input in some form of industry standard XML
as a given, and you probably don't have to produce HTML and WML as well as
paper. I agree that for just the coding of human writen documents for
printing, Lout's {} is just as good as <>. There, said it. But, in the
context of work which lots of people have hanging over them, acceptance
of an alternative XML syntax, for just the people who want it, would get
us a lot of friends very quickly and there could be real benefits from them.
Yours
Ian