lout-users

Re: tex-fonts for lout

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: tex-fonts for lout
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 20:48:18 -0400

> The @Tag must be formed from @Family and @Face, i.e. @Tag { TeX-Base }, @Name
> must be the FontName from the .afm file. @Metrics must be the file name of
> the .afm file and it must be visible for Lout (run lout with the -F option,
> e.g.: lout -F/usr/local/share/fonts/psfonts some-lout-file.lt
> where /usr/local/share/fonts/psfonts is the folder where the .afm files live.

I tried with the right @Tag and the right @Name taken from the header of the afm
file but still it doesn't work. BTW, the font family name is "Computer Modern";
how does Lout deal with white spaces in font names?

Also, is there somewhere I can find a human readable list of available font in
Lout 3.24 definition (or even a ps/pdf containing a sample for each one of them,
which shouldn't be hard to generate)?

> What was the error message you got, when trying to process your file?

I still have the same error message:

$ lout -F/opt/lout/lib/font/cmps -c Proposal -PDF Proposal.lout > Proposal.pdf
lout file "/opt/lout/lib/include/doc" (from "Proposal.lout" line 1):
  372,26: fatal error: cannot write to database file
/opt/lout/lib/data/fontdefs.lix

I don't understand why it should need to to write such a file: Do I need to
generate a font database each time i add a font?

Thanks,
Ludovic.

PS: I am CCing the whole mailing-list in case someone there has already faced
    this kind of problem.