lout-users

fontlist

From: Thorsten Seitz
Subject: fontlist
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:21:32 +0200

On monday, 22-Oct-01 Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Also, is there somewhere I can find a human readable list of available font
> in Lout 3.24 definition (or even a ps/pdf containing a sample for each one
> of them, which shouldn't be hard to generate)?

I've written a Ruby script which generates a lout document to be included in
another lout document. The result is a list of all fonts which are visible
for lout. Each font entry has a short text sample in its Base face and letter
samples for Base, Slope, Bold, BoldSlope faces as well as a list of faces.

If anyone is interested I will gladly mail the Ruby script and the
accompanying lout document to him/her or to the list. There is no
documentation at all but all you have to do is changing the font paths and
lout paths in the script. And you might want to change the text sample in the
lout file to suit your taste (and language :-).
Both files together packed with gzip have a size of 2 KB.

-Thorsten