lout-users

TeX fonts again

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: TeX fonts again
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:37:48 -0400

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 07:21:32PM +0200, Thorsten Seitz wrote:
> On monday, 22-Oct-01 Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Also, is there somewhere I can find a human readable list of available font
> > in Lout 3.24 definition (or even a ps/pdf containing a sample for each one
> > of them, which shouldn't be hard to generate)?

I am still trying to use LaTeX fonts in Lout documents (actually the so-called
"Computer Modern" fonts available on the AMS website). What I get now is the
following error message (repeated for each character of my text):
   51,53: character "." replaced by space (it has no glyph in font LaTeX Base)

Is it a matter of character mapping for instance? Should i try to create a new
LCM file specific to thoses fonts?

I also so found the fcvt Awk script in lib/data which seems to be used to
generate a new fontdefs.ld, but I couldn't really get the way it's supposed to
work (the shell script fcvt refers non-existing files also). Any info regarding
this?

Ludovic.