lout-users

Re: lout-teq-Bug?

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: lout-teq-Bug?
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:52:14 +0300

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:16:20 -0000, Wolfram Kahl wrote:

> I have also seen compiler optimisation produce disastrous results on
> previous versions of lout, so I was quite surprised to see -O3 as
> default in the current version.

AFAIK, Jeff works under Solaris and -O3 for sparc is quite stable in
my experience.

You miss "setrgbcolor" (or "rg"/"RG" for PDF).  @SetColour is happily
unaware about colours ;) - see @ColourCommand in include/bsf.

> While doing Overheads, when I insert a new slide, I get those
> undefined reference ...&following or whatever.  That might be okay.
> But why do they produce huge question marks in the upper left corner
> of the slides concerned, even when I take all imaginable measures to
> make titles empty?

Well, since it prints "??" you have failed :-).  When Lout cannot
retrieve a value of a cross-reference it uses "??" as fallback value.
You probably need to change headers/footers in the setup file, or
something like that.

SY, Uwe