lout-users

Re: character mapping to pdf

From: Thomas Baruchel
Subject: Re: character mapping to pdf
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:56:33 +0100

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 09:46:44AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> When I view a pdf version of my document in Acrobat, lists with bullets turn
> into characters from the extended character set.  Some of the letter
> combinations like "fi" also get remapped.  I'm using Ghostscript to convert
> lout ps to pdf.  Is there some setting I need to change?

I had myself a problem, but I really didn't spend time at
exploring it by lack of time :

My postscript file uses Coronet font. My own ghostscript knows where
to find Coronet, and the preview is fine. Then I included the font
in the lout postscript output file as an included resource;
still OK with my previewer. But since I don't use my own version
of ghostscript for ps2pdf (because I have an old version with a
bad output) I sent the file to www.ps2pdf.com, and the Coronet
font was replaced by a ZpafChancery MediumItalic ! Does anyone
know why ?

--
Deux choses remplissent le coeur d'une admiration et d'une vénération
toujours nouvelles et toujours croissantes, à mesure que la réflexion