lout-users

Re: Support for A0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Support for A0
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:48:53 +0100

Hi,

address@hidden (Jeff Kingston) writes:

> I'd forgotten about thos problem.  I have more or less decided
> to get rid of short lengths, they are just bothering people
> and no-one cares about saving memory these days.  Comments
> welcome as always.

Agreed (although I'm unsure that would fix the problem at hand ;-)).

Also, I believe that on some (most?) architectures, memory accesses have
to be word-aligned (i.e., 32-bit aligned on 32-bit arches) so 16-bit
integers occupy 32-bit anyway (unless used in a `struct' that is
explicitly "packed").

Thanks,
Ludovic.