lout-users

@Math stuff

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: @Math stuff
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 07:36:42 +1100

I was saving mine up, but since Ludovic has posted something,
here are a couple of things I've noticed:

I was surprised by the result of

    @Math { T sub 1 --> T sub 2 }

Apparently the precedence of --> is higher than the precedence of sub.
I seem to remember that TeX's _ operator has very high precedence, in
effect, even if it is not expressed in that way.

Also, @M { non <= } does not crash but it seems to be putting in too
much space.  The non symbol is very handy, let's not lose it.  It
may require an extra style alongside script etc. or whatever they
are called - a style that inserts no horizontal space.

Perhaps I should have written "non { <= }".

Jeff