lout-users

Re: @Math stuff

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: @Math stuff
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:46:47 +1100

> All arrows have the default precedence, which is probably
> wrong.  I'm not sure what precedence they should have, though.

I was happy with the old @Eq precedences, or rather non-precedences,
which effectively gave these symbols the precedence of white space.
I would have thought sub/sup > operator > relation was the go, with
arrows being relations.  Not sure about over, but certainly less
than sub/sub.

> Do you have use cases of `non'?

I mainly use it to enclose single isolated symbols in
running text, as in @M { non <= } when I'm talking about
the <= operator.  Lout will parse this as

or as

depending on the precedences.  It should be possible to
make @M { non <= } work by giving non low precedence
and making it change to a style that leaves out all
horizontal space.

Jeff