lout-users

Re: How d'you set the font for Contents and List of Tables?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: How d'you set the font for Contents and List of Tables?
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 08:06:29 +1100

> (1) Setting the font used for "Contents" and "List of Tables".

There are no options for this, because they are considered to be
large scale structures like prefaces, introductions, chapters,
appendices, and indexes, so whatever you get for chapters is what
you get for these things.  I think that's the right way to go;
although I accept that a list of tables is a second-class citizen
compared to the other large-scale things, to set about defining
an entire suite of options for it seems to be overkill to me.

> (2) Setting the line spacing for the List of Tables.

@ContentsGap, @ContentsGapAbove, and @ContentsGap below from the
User's Guide, Section 2.9 determine the line spacing in both
"Contents" and "List of Tables" lists.

> Also, for the List of Tables, the table numbers are left aligned:

Try fiddling with the @ContentsFormat option, which is in the setup
files but does not seem to be documented in the User's Guide (I'll
fix that for the next release).  For example you could try

    @ContentsFormat { 1c @Wide { &1rt number } |2s title }

to right-align the numbers in a one centimetre column, separated by
two spaces from the title.  Again, though, this format is used by
both "Contents" and "List of Tables".

> Is there an option to @Table that says "don't include this in the List
> of Tables"?

No.  Convince me that you need it, and I will add it to the next
release.  It would be easy to do.

Jeff