lout-users

Re: Writing letters

From: Robert Riebisch
Subject: Re: Writing letters
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:01:15 +0200

Jeff Kingston wrote:

> > Erm, sorry! I think you misunderstood. This is for the sender's
> > (my) address. ;-) The recipient's address should follow now below
> > at 6.0cm from the top of the page.
>
> As I understand it, the basic problem is to get the next thing
> 6cm from the top of the page, ignoring what came before.

Yes, exactly. :-)

> Fiddling with @StartOddTop seems wrong to me from a design point
> of view; I think the address is part of the content of the document,
> not the layout.

I think, I took the idea from one of the few German pages about Lout:
http://lena.franken.de/lout/

> I would be burying the //6ct in a definition called
> @Address, or even using a definition for the whole document:
>
>     def @Letter
>         named address {}
>         ... other options ...
>         right body
>     {
>        //6ct
>        address
>        @DP
>        @Date
>        @DP
>        body
>        @DP
>        Sincerely
>        @DP
>        @DP
>        Jeffrey H. Kingston
>     }

But how would that help me or how I use it then?
Beware I'm a Lout beginner and don't even fully understand the user
guide, because English is not my native language.

Robert Riebisch
--
BTTR Software
http://www.bttr-software.de/