RE: [Ltib] how to build a kernel module using ltib? (docu)

From: D'Abbraccio Joe-ljd015
Subject: RE: [Ltib] how to build a kernel module using ltib? (docu)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:40:33 -0700

Note: When you are in the kernel configuration menus, you can type /USB to
search for USB related config options and how to find them in the menu tree.

For the USB config:

USB_FILE_STORAGE [=n]
Prompt: File-backed Storage Gadget
  Defined at drivers/usb/gadget/Kconfig:371
  Depends on: <choice>
  Location:
    -> Device Drivers
      -> USB support
        -> USB Gadget Support
          -> USB Gadget Drivers (<choice> [=y])

Here is a complete list of USB setting that I have used successfully to do the
gadget file operation on the MPC8349E-mITX platform (I have omitted many
options that are not set).

#
# USB support
#
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y
CONFIG_USB=y
# CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is not set

#
# Miscellaneous USB options
#
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y

#
# USB Host Controller Drivers
#
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=y

#
# may also be needed; see USB_STORAGE Help for more information
#
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y

#
# USB Gadget Support
#
CONFIG_USB_GADGET=y
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DEBUG_FILES is not set
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_SELECTED=y
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_NET2280=y
CONFIG_USB_NET2280=y
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_PXA2XX is not set
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_GOKU is not set
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_LH7A40X is not set
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_OMAP is not set
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_AT91 is not set
# CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DUMMY_HCD is not set
CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DUALSPEED=y
# CONFIG_USB_ZERO is not set
CONFIG_USB_ETH=y
CONFIG_USB_ETH_RNDIS=y