Re: [Ltib] making ISO release (aka -m release)

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: Re: [Ltib] making ISO release (aka -m release)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:16:47 +0100

Stuart,

see inline comments.

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 16:22 +0000, Stuart Hughes wrote:

> You're right (in a way).  In which case you need to either remove the
> dltest section (I don't recommend this).

Yes, just for testing the entire release process... I'll rolback to the
original code. ;-) With this workaround I was able to generate my first
BSP iso. Only one note... I was not able to install from the iso because
the install script requires a file called EULA to be read and accepted.
Since I can't find any reference to this requirement in the
documentation, IMO I think a reference should be added and, maybe, an
option to select the EULA file in the -m release process.

> Probably the best thing to do is to setup your own local
> (company/department) http server as a 'PPP server'.  Your private
> patches should be uploaded there.  Once you have your patches there, you
> need to update your local CVS's .ltibrc to reference this server using
> the %ppp_url tag.
>
> There is nothing magical about a PPP/GPP server, they are just http.
> Provided you can do  wget <base_url>/filename you're home and dry.  Note
> as well as putting your patches on the server, each one should have a
> corresponding .md5 file.

Ok, I think I will go this way. Thanks for suggestion.

Andrea