[Ltib] BSP for i.MX31 and i.MX21

From: Stering Wolfram
Subject: [Ltib] BSP for i.MX31 and i.MX21
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:51:29 +0100

Hi,

I just found another small issue concerning the i.MX31 BSP.
There is a package called mxc-misc which can be selected during ltib
configuration, but which is not found in the gpp.
the help page reveals a dependence on PLATFORM=imx31ads or imx27ads.
The symbol is PKG_MXC_MISC.

Specifically, the error reported is as follows:
Processing: mxc-misc-mx31
===========================
Getting misc-mx31-20060621.tar.gz from the Global Package Pool
http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/misc-mx31-20060621.tar.gz:
13:56:58 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Can't get: misc-mx31-20060621.tar.gz at ./ltib line 600.
Died at ./ltib line 601.

I checked the gpp directory at bitshrine.org.  A potential candidate for
that file might be misc-mx-20070112.tar.gz
<http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/misc-mx-20070112.tar.gz>
but I'm not sure whether this is exactly that package.

The second question concerns the i.MX21 BSP.  I have the IMX21LITEKIT
eval board as well.  The directory config/platform/imx21ads/ exists, but
is empty.  Is the corresponding BSP support not (yet) merged?  How
different would be the LITE version compared to the ADS?

Oh, while I'm at asking questions, another one arised as well (I hope,
I'm not too bothersome...):
The ISO image available at freescale.com for the i.MX31 contains the
2.6.19.2 Linux kernel, which I found in the GPP as well, but which is
not selectable during ltib configure (the CVS version of ltib, 2.6.16
kernel, not the one of the ISO image).  This kernel is called *-mx-*,
i.e. not specific to mx31, appearently.  Does this one apply to the
imx21 as well?  How do I select it for build?

Many thanks for any help,

best regards,

-wolfi

--