Re: [Ltib] Package dependencies

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Package dependencies
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:54:49 +0000

Hi Ken,

The rootfs are is meant to be full of stuff you may need.  This is also
NFS root mountable too, so everything is there.

When you want to finalise your rootfs (and prune it back), normally
you'd make a ramdisk, or a jffs2 image.  At that point run:

$ ./ltib -m config

Navigate to:
--- Target Image Generation
    Options  --->

And in there there are options to remove files, directories:

()  remove these directories
()  remove these files

Note a number of directories are removed by default (e.g. /usr/include).

You end up with some processed image file (pruned), but the source
rootfs directory still remains as before with all the interface
libraries/headers.

Regards, Stuart