[Ltib] Getting started in LTIB SVN and GPP

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: [Ltib] Getting started in LTIB SVN and GPP
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:09:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to LTIB and GPP and I'm in the process of completing and polishing an ARM Linux port. We are using LTIB (with very few changes) to build and deploy the bootloader, kernel, and root filesystem for our platform and have several customers that have successfully used LTIB with our edits to deploy their own platforms. As of the latest LTIB release, I have only had to make add the config/platform/<board> area for LTIB to work. Very nice! In preperation for getting specific changes posted into SVN and GPP, I have a few questions, so here they go..

Concerning .spec files, I have .spec files for u-boot and the Linux kernel. I currently have these in the config/platform/<board> area. Would it make more sense to place these in the appropriate areas in the dist/lfs-5.1 directories instead? The Cobra project has them in the platform area, but new projects seem to have them in the dist/lfs-5.1 area.

Anything else I need to lookout for before submitting my project files?

Thanks much,

Kevin Wells