Re: [Ltib] installing the /opt/ltib structure?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] installing the /opt/ltib structure?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:55:24 +0000

Hi Robert,

The content (source/patches) are supposed to be completely independent
of the tool itself.  So normally to move a project I would do this:

$ ./ltib -m distclean
$ cd .. ; tar zcvf my_ltib.tar.gz _ltib_

and then copy to the target machine and untar it and run ./ltib and let
it built the platform you want.

Copying /opt/ltib/... is a bad idea in general as the pieces build for
one distro won't work on the other (unless it's the same distro).

If you have sources, I'd recommend putting them on a local ppp server
(just an html server with the /opt/ltib/pkgs stuffed in there).  To
reference this just update your .ltibrc.  If you have one of those in
your home dir, it will override and apply to all instances you have.

Regards, Stuart