Re: [Ltib] installing the /opt/ltib structure?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: Re: [Ltib] installing the /opt/ltib structure?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 06:36:35 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Stuart Hughes wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 05:52 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Robert,
> > >
> > > The content (source/patches) are supposed to be completely
> > > independent of the tool itself.  So normally to move a project I
> > > would do this:
> > >
> > > $ ./ltib -m distclean
> > > $ cd .. ; tar zcvf my_ltib.tar.gz _ltib_
> > >
> > > and then copy to the target machine and untar it and run ./ltib and
> > > let it built the platform you want.
> >
> >   the current issue is that i'm assuming you're referring to running
> > that "ltib" command in the directory corresponding to the expanded
> > tarball of whatever version of ltib the original installer used.
> > which i don't have in front of me at the moment.  i'm working with an
> > already-installed ltib and i don't see the original tarball that was
> > used (although i'm fairly sure it was 6.4.1).
>
> Working with an already install LTIB is okay, so long as it's the
> one you want to clone.  You simply need to do:
>
> $ ./ltib -m distclean
>
> This cleans it up to a state that you can then tar up and put on
> another machine.  You don't need to original installer necessarily.

  ok, i think i see how this works, so a few issues:

1) i obviously want to keep the original installer's configuration
(i'm guessing things like .config and .ltibrc).  will doing a
distclean preserve everything like that so i don't have to redo the
configuration?

2) i just tried to do a distclean and got:

  about to remove

  /home/wildbld/ltib/rpm
  /home/wildbld/ltib/rpmdb
  /home/wildbld/ltib/tmp

  no rpm database dir /home/wildbld/ltib/rpmdb
  Exiting on error or interrupt

sure enough, there's no such directory.  thoughts?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.