Re: [Ltib] installing the /opt/ltib structure?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: Re: [Ltib] installing the /opt/ltib structure?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 05:52:57 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Stuart Hughes wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> The content (source/patches) are supposed to be completely
> independent of the tool itself.  So normally to move a project I
> would do this:
>
> $ ./ltib -m distclean
> $ cd .. ; tar zcvf my_ltib.tar.gz _ltib_
>
> and then copy to the target machine and untar it and run ./ltib and
> let it built the platform you want.

  the current issue is that i'm assuming you're referring to running
that "ltib" command in the directory corresponding to the expanded
tarball of whatever version of ltib the original installer used.
which i don't have in front of me at the moment.  i'm working with an
already-installed ltib and i don't see the original tarball that was
used (although i'm fairly sure it was 6.4.1).

  so i just want to confirm that you're assuming i had that directory
in front of me, and that it would contain the results of that initial
configuration and install, correct?

  also, i recall that you clarified this once upon a time, but where
should the results of running "./ltib" be placed.  depending on what
you read, it's either /opt/freescale or /opt/ltib.  was one the old
location and the other the new location?  how did that work?  thanks.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.