[Ltib] Problem getting started with Microwindows/Nano-X

From: Robert S. Grimes
Subject: [Ltib] Problem getting started with Microwindows/Nano-X
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:59:20 -0400

Hi,

So, I'm trying to get version 0.90 running on my embedded target
(m68knommu under uClinux).  Everything seems to build properly, but
that's as far as I can get.  I do see a /usr/nanox directory on my
target, with several demo scripts and a bin directory.  But none of the
programs run very well.

For example, I try the following from /usr/nanox:

  ./laucher.sh

This results in the following output on my serial terminal:

  $ ./launcher.sh
  BIN_FLAT: bad header magic
  BINFMT_FLAT: bad header magic
  tsdev (compaq touchscreen emulation) is scheduled for removal.
  See Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt for details.
  nxclient: retry connect attempt 1

and the LCD (320W x 240 H) is interesting: the left 2/3 of the screen
show a matrix of eight icon, presumably representing sub-demos (which
seem to exist in the /usr/nanox/bin directory), seems a good start.
But, the right third of the screen is garbage, and the bottom 2-3 lines
are also garbled across the entire width.  Seems a configuration
problem?

I couldn't seem to find anything within LTIB to specify the correct
screen configuration for Microwindows, but the framebuffer _seems_
correct, and the Penguin logo is displayed on startup.

Any ideas?

Oh, and is this even an issue for here, or is this solely a Microwindows
issue?

Thanks!
-Bob