[Ltib] skell files overwritten by which pkg?

From: Michael Jones
Subject: [Ltib] skell files overwritten by which pkg?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:14:44 +0100

Hi Stuart,

In my tinkering with the network configure script, I've stumbled onto a different problem. I wanted to modify the /etc/rc.d/init.d/network script, which belongs to the skell package. But I noticed that if I do:
./ltib -p skell -m prep
<would theoretically make changes here>
./ltib -p skell -m scdeploy

... then some files change, even if I made no chanes to skell. The most noticeable was /etc/profile, because this changed the cmd line prompt. For example, after a normal LTIB build,

ltib$ cat rootfs/etc/profile
export PS1='mx31# '
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
alias ll='ls -l'

but after I re-install skell:

ltib$ cat rootfs/etc/profile
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

So obviously this file is normally overwritten or modified by another package, and by re-installing skell I'm re-overwriting this. I guess the relevant question is: what is the right work flow for working on the skell package? I'd also like to know how to find out what other package overwrites this particular file? I tried:

ltib$ /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root /home/michael/iMX/eaglevision/ltib/ltib/rootfs --dbpath /var/lib/rpm/ -qf /etc/profile
merge-0.1-1
skell-1.16-2

but this looks like misinformation to me, since "merge" doesn't touch /etc/profile.

thanks,
Michael

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner,
Hans-Joachim Reich