Re: [Ltib] spec file pulling from CVS

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: Re: [Ltib] spec file pulling from CVS
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:56:25 +0100

Hi Stuart,

On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 18:06 +0000, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> Yes this is possible, but not necessarily recommended.
>
> Basically to do this for CVS (or any other SCM) system you basically
> need a spec file that is a variation of a directory build style .spec.
> The key is to have no source/patch references and a custom %prep section
> and to define the buildsubdir

Thank you for your quick reply.
What I see in your .spec example sounds more or less like what I need.
But, before giving it a try, please clarify the reason why you say this
is not "necessarily recommended".
Is this a matter of being a 'non standard' way to build a system
component in ltib or is there any particular side-effect I have to take
into account?

Of course, my need is limited to a time in the development cycle, when
is more important to have a quick and safe way of including the latest
version, than having a rock stable older one. I'm planning to give other
developers the option to choose between this bleeding-edge build and a
more stable and tested package built from a source archive: I think to
add a ltib menu option to make this possible. Does it sound reasonable
to you?

Regards,
Andrea