RE: [Ltib] Problems compiling QTopia2.2

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Problems compiling QTopia2.2
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:11:21 +0200

Hi Ajay,

> I wanted to compile Qtopia 2.2 for Embedded artists LPC3250 and the
> compilation completed but I cant find the toolchain to build Qtopia
> applications.

The default toolchain is installed at:
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-...

> 1. The installation of QTopia completes but where is the toolchain
> built? I dont find any Qtopia directory in the rpm/BUILD directory.

The Qtopia build directory removes itself after it builds. There are some
options for installing and keeping the source (sorry, I don't know this
off-hand) you build with..

> 2. Will Qtopia 2.2 work on Embedded artists LPC3250 board and support
> touchscreen?

Yes, it should. I haven't tried it with touchscreen support though. Only mouse
support.
The EA board uses a ADS78xx touschreen controller on SPI?. You may need to
enable this in the kernel.

thanks,
Kevin