[Ltib] Sierra 3G modem not working on Phytec Board. (/proc/bus/usb direc

From: Quentin YANG
Subject: [Ltib] Sierra 3G modem not working on Phytec Board. (/proc/bus/usb directory not found.)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:11:16 +1000

Hi,

My Phytec board is running Linux (2.6.27.8) built from LTIB (LinuxTargetImageBuilder).

http://www.phytec.com/products/linux/bsp-LPC3250.html
http://ics.nxp.com/support/software/lpc32xx.bsp.linux/

http://www.bitshrine.org/ltib/

I can see usbserial, sierra modules are successfully compiled and created
using the console of Phytec board (using on board UART5 terminal as console)

./lib/modules/2.6.27.8/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/usbserial.ko
./lib/modules/2.6.27.8/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/sierra.ko

But after inserting 3G Modem MC8790V,

1. usbserial, sierra modules are not automatically installed after Kernel has detected new USB endpoints.

2. After manually installed the usbserial, sierra modules by 'insmod' command.
It shows 'ttyUSB0' is attached, but no 'ttyUSB0' node created under ' /dev '

3. Also, during boot-up, there is always message saying:

     '
          Mounting filesystems
          mount: mounting usbfs on /proc/bus/usb failed: No such file or directory
    '

I attached all print (TargetPhytecBoardLinuxPrint.txt) from Phytec Linux Console.

I suspect that I didnot config the kernel properly.
Do you have the recommend '.config' for Linux kernel compiling
so that Sierra Modem can work smoothly?

I attached the one (.config) I used to build Phytec Target Linux Image.
(I enabled usbserial driver, sierra wireless driver to be compiled as modules.
What other packages I must enabled to get Sierra Wireless Modem work?)

Thanks and hope you can spot something I've done wrong.

Regards,
Quentin