Re: [Ltib] Failure to build pkgconfig on LPC32xx Target

From: Tim Nelson
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Failure to build pkgconfig on LPC32xx Target
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:19:23 -0500 (CDT)

The version of LTIB I'm running was pulled from CVS not more than a week ago. I can try updating if needed, but it sounds like there hasn't been any changes to pkgconfig during this time...

Do you mean that every piece of software does *NOT* compile 100% cross platform without errors?!?  :-)

Thank you for the info, I'll have a look at the lpclinux site. Luckily, I'm not in dire need of pkgconfig at this point, but may in the future.

--Tim

----- "Kevin Wells" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Quentin & Tim,

I think Stuart said the pkgconfig package in LTIB was meant for the host system. That being said, it won’t easily cross compile

(and the errors I saw were related to cross compilation in the glb configure script used by pkgconfig).

You should update from CVS. It will get you the latest specs which will pull the latest patches. If you really don’t want to update,

you can pull full patches directly from ftp://ftp.lpclinux.com/ , but you’ll need to apply them to the source tree yourself.

As an FYI, not every package in the package menu will compile on an ARM platform. And some packages (ie, microwindows)

need some additional changes to work. This applies to any board.

thanks,

Kevin

Cc: ltib
> Subject: Re: [Ltib] Failure to build pkgconfig on LPC32xx Target

Hi Tim,

> Are you saying the latest LTIB release from CVS failed to build Linux image for Phytec 3250 board. (Phytec LPC32xx) ?
>
> In that case, I'll avoid updating my local LTIB installation.
>
> I've successfully built Linux image for Phytec 3250 board.
> ( previous kernel 2.6.27.8 and most recent kernel 2.6.34 both passed the LTIB build.
> I am using Fedora 9 with 2.6.27.25 kernel
> address@hidden ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686
> )
>
> Let me know if you need any assistance.
> I can send u the kernel_pre_config and Phytec_Board_Make_config I used.
>
> Also, please make sure to run
> address@hidden ltib-qs]$./ltib -m distclean
> address@hidden ltib-qs]$./ltib --config
> if you want to do another build from scratch.
>

> Regards,
> Quentin

Hi Tim,