[Ltib] Problems with Ltib as delivered via a Freescale package.

From: John Clark
Subject: [Ltib] Problems with Ltib as delivered via a Freescale package.
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 11:14:45 -0700

I'm setting up to use a Freescale development board, and the linux support was
provided using Ltib. However, I am not using a Fedora derived linux system, in
fact a Debian based one, and so there seem to be several 'problems'.

On the initial run of ltib, I got several 'need to install' type errors. The
'final' two were for:

glibc-devel
zlib

I did install something relative to the 'zilb', but for the 'glibc', I don't
know that there is a 'debian' package for that, since debian uses 'ligc6...'
for its standard libc set.

I then removed those packages from 'ltib' ad the process began to build.

However, my current issue is when the 'sparse-0.4' package was attempted, it
exited with a 'multiple structure name' type error.

I have seen a thread on that very topic, but what this leads me to believe is
that the tlib 'package' that I received, is 'old'.

So, the question is, what is the current version, and how 'easy' is it to
update ltib and maintain the support I need from Freescale...

John Clark.