Re: [Ltib] Problems with Ltib as delivered via a Freescale package.

From: Petteri Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Problems with Ltib as delivered via a Freescale package.
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 14:20:11 +0300

Hi John,

I had the same problems as you with MCF5485 ltib from Freescale. And I also have debian.

With zlib I just commented the check out from ltib script (zlib was installed). I don't remember if I had the glibc-devel problem as well.

I also had the same issue with sparse. As suggested by some other forum or blog, there is two options. You can remove the reference to the wrong struct from the sparse source. I tried this but couldn't remove the right one. So, I got a new sparse source from the net and replaced the old one in ltib. The new sparse has the duplicate struct removed.

First you have to find the directory containing the sparse-0.4.tar.gz (or something like that) and an MD5 sum file sparse-0.4.tar.gz.md5. Delete the old one (or copy it to a backup folder just in case along with the md5 sum file). Copy the new one in the same place. As it's a different version, you have to re-create the md5 sum file, otherwise ltib will complain it's missing.

I can't remember if I just renamed the new sparse (0.4.3 or something) to sparse-0.4 and re-created the md5sum or was there something else to be done. I hope this helps. Also, in the newest ltib from freescale there still is the old sparse so it has to be upgraded manually.

regards

Petteri