[Ltib] Building PHP with Ltib-Freescale.... problems.

From: John Clark
Subject: [Ltib] Building PHP with Ltib-Freescale.... problems.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:45:53 -0700

I am using the Freescale packaged Ltib and their configuration...

However, I'm wondering if anyone has built PHP using the Ltib environment, and:

1) Not wanted to build the Apache web server, or any related modules.
2) Wanted to use Lighttpd for the web server.

Looking at the config file for PHP, it would appear that someone felt building
the apache HTTPD was a 'required' element.

Now, one of the issues I had with building Apache, was that apparently the
Freescale setup uses libdb-4.4.20. But the Apache version that is used, does
not 'understand' anything greater than libdb-4.3...

It is not clear to me how to proceed in terms of changing the specs to match up
better, since I don't have visibility into the archive to know if there is a
later version of http-2.XXX, or what.

As a note, this problem of Apache build breaking on libdb4.4.XXX seems to have
been around since 2006 or earlier... so, I suspect no one has actually tried to
use the Freescale PHP.

The 'official' Ltib tree seems to have libdb3.XXX, which I believe is handled
by the HTTPD-2.0.54

John Clark.