Re: [Ltib] Building PHP with Ltib-Freescale.... problems.

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Building PHP with Ltib-Freescale.... problems.
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:34:47 +0100

On 12/06/12 18:45, John Clark wrote:
I am using the Freescale packaged Ltib and their configuration...

However, I'm wondering if anyone has built PHP using the Ltib environment, and:

1) Not wanted to build the Apache web server, or any related modules.
2) Wanted to use Lighttpd for the web server.

Looking at the config file for PHP, it would appear that someone felt building
the apache HTTPD was a 'required' element.

Now, one of the issues I had with building Apache, was that apparently the
Freescale setup uses libdb-4.4.20. But the Apache version that is used, does
not 'understand' anything greater than libdb-4.3...

It is not clear to me how to proceed in terms of changing the specs to match up
better, since I don't have visibility into the archive to know if there is a
later version of http-2.XXX, or what.

As a note, this problem of Apache build breaking on libdb4.4.XXX seems to have
been around since 2006 or earlier... so, I suspect no one has actually tried to
use the Freescale PHP.

The 'official' Ltib tree seems to have libdb3.XXX, which I believe is handled
by the HTTPD-2.0.54

John Clark.

Hi John,

The "dependency" on Apache and other modules is probably my fault. Way back when I did the original work to include these, the brief was to "build the LAMP stack" and make it foolproof. I can't recall if there are any direct dependencies (there may be on some kind of http server?). Anyhow the flexibility could be improved, but it's not something I have time to look at currently.

So far as libdb goes, in the Open Source ltib, the default is libdb1. The reason this is used is to avoid the accidental use of the viral licenses used in the later versions. However having said that, I just build the LAMP stack on the current version of LTIB and it doesn't seem to use libdb at all: Here's the packages I build on an ARM ep93xx platform with the default config + selecting PHP:

$ ./ltib -m  listpkgsbuild
Package                     License    Description
fake-provides-1.0-5 GPL Fake provides to satisfy package dependancies kernel-2.6.15-1 GPL Linux kernel (core of the Linux operating system) skell-1.19-3 GPL Skelleton files for an embedded root filesystem
dev-1.1-1                   GPL    Device files for a small embedded system
base_libs-1.2-1             LGPL    Base Libraries (from toolchain).
busybox-1.11.2-1 GPL A small executable that replaces many UNIX utilities ntpclient-2003_194-1 GPL Synchronizes system time using the Network Time Protocol (NTP) libtermcap-2.0.8-31_1 LGPL A basic system library for accessing the termcap database. zlib-1.2.3-2 zlib (Distributable) zlib compression utilities and libraries ncurses-5.3-1 Distributable CRT screen handling and optimization package
dropbear-0.52-1             MIT    Dropbear SSH server and client (embedded)
expat-1.95.8-1              MIT/X Consortium License    XML 1.0 parser
libxml2-2.7.2-0 MIT Libraries, includes, etc. to develop XML/HTML applications httpd-2.0.54-0 Apache (distributable) Widely used Apache HTTP (web) Server mysql-4.1.12-0 GPL MySQL SQL database, client programs and shared library php-5.0.4-0 PHP (distributable) The PHP HTML-embedded scripting language.
sysconfig-1.2-2             GPL    System configuration package
merge-0.1-1 GPL Merge files for an embedded root filesystem
modeps-1.0-1                GPL    Generate module dependency file