lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7142] Sanity check user-configurable values

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7142] Sanity check user-configurable values
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:06:40 +0000

It seems I misunderstand you for this one. I attach a new lwip_sanity_check
function in a file.

Note I have "remove" the if (MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG < TCP_SND_QUEUELEN), since if
seems difficult to compare a global resource with a "per pcb" resource (like
for comment#3).

I also add some other checkings (for ARP, DHCP and AUTOIP use).

There is a @todo comment part: this is some points to see.

Feel free to add/modify this function. Perhaps it could be good to directly
check in to let any active developer change it? No objections?

Last, actually this function is executed if LWIP_DEBUG is set. Perhaps it
would be good to use a LWIP_SANITY_CHECK_USER_OPTION set per default to 1 in
opt.h. Like this, without any action to do, new users got these checkings.

(file #13837)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: lwip_sanity_check.patch        Size:2 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7142>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/