lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7142] Sanity check user-configurable values

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7142] Sanity check user-configurable values
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:03:30 +0000

I don't see any reason to remove the  "if (MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG <
TCP_SND_QUEUELEN)" check. If someone has configured it that way, it's
definitely wrong. It doesn't matter that TCP_SND_QUEUELEN is for a single PCB
in that sense. For multiple PCBs the problem would be worse not better!

Thanks for changing the two I mentioned, although the tests should be ">=",
not just ">".

I'm happy for it to be checked in for other people to change (after these
little fixes). I can add more of the things from the initial post.

For the LWIP_DEBUG thing - LWIP_DEBUG is not on by default, so I don't think
it's true that new users will get these.

But if people decide they do want it to be a separate option, then only the
run-time checks need be conditionally compiled. The checks that can be done by
the preprocessor can stay in since in fact they will not be present if
unused.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7142>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/