lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ping flooding?

From: Paul Sheer
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ping flooding?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:09:37 -0000

paulos works fine

its more a function of your NIC driver latency than anything else

in particular, i notice that one polling ethernet driver of ours
handles a flood ping at 10BaseT 1/2 duplex, although another
DMA+IRQ based driver (for a different chipset) does not, even
though the latter runs full duplex at 100BaseT.

(hmm on second thought, the 100BaseT would make it LESS able
to handle a flood ping, because it gets more packets)

go figure

-paul

On 2002.11.23 08:57 Scott Robinson wrote:
> Anyone tried subjecting lwIP to a ping flood?
>
> My version doesn't seem to like it too much. It gets bogged down and stays
> bogged down.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Scott.
>
> --
> http://quadhome.com/           - Personal webpage
> tranzoa.net                    - Firewall

Paul Sheer Consulting IT Services . . Tel . . . +27 (0)21 6869634
Email . . . address@hidden . . . . Work  . . +27 (0)21 6503467
Linux  development,  cryptography,  embedded,  support,  training
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer . . . . . . http://rute.2038bug.com
L I N U X . . . . . . . . . . . .  The Choice of a GNU Generation