lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ping flooding?

From: Scott Robinson
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Ping flooding?
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:38:40 -0000

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

Funny. I'm using the same hardware driver code as when I was using my own
stack...

I swear, I must be breaking lwIP in mysterious ways. ;-)

Scott.

* address@hidden translated into ASCII [Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 03:2=
2:02PM +0100][<address@hidden>]
> > Anyone tried subjecting lwIP to a ping flood?
> >=20
> Yes, our setup can handle a ping flood with 0% packet loss. This is from a
> Pentium III ~600MHz machine running Red Hat Linux 7.2, over a 10 Mb/s lin=
k.
> The lwIP embedded device is a 16 MHz 16-bit Infineon C166 w/ CS8900a Ethe=
rnet
> MAC.
>=20
> Once ping flood with initial loads is performed (which probably results in
> head-to-tail packets on the Ethernet link), packet loss increases dramati=
cally
> to >80% percent, but the stack remains
> running stable.
>=20
> Note that we simply cannot read packets fast enough from the cs8900a driv=
er,
> so the cs8900a hardware drops packets. lwIP is actually not involved ther=
e.
>=20
> Leon.
>=20
> --=20
> NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr f?r 1 ct/ Min. surfen!
>=20
> [This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

--=20
http://quadhome.com/           - Personal webpage
tranzoa.net                    - Firewall

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--