lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RFC - new sys_arch for lwIP 0.5

From: Peter Graf
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RFC - new sys_arch for lwIP 0.5
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:20:15 -0000

Hi Phil,

>Would I be correct in surmising that you have ported
>lwIP to eCos?

Not yet. I just make sure that I *could* port it to eCos quickly, as soon
as my company allows me the time to do it. I've done a port to SMSQ/E, but
still have bugs there, maybe due to my assembler hacks.

>I have an ARM Evaluator 7T board, which doesn't have
>sufficient RAM to run the net package that ships with
>eCos, so the idea of using lwIP is attractive.

I'm using a custom Hitachi SH3 board for eCos, and can install enough
memory to run the eCos network stack. Still I could use a less RAM-hungry
implemetation. Additionally I experience problems with the eCos network
buffer management under heavy traffic. Two good reasons to watch lwIP :-)

Peter