lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RFC - new sys_arch for lwIP 0.5

From: Phil Dempster
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] RFC - new sys_arch for lwIP 0.5
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:36:04 -0000

Hi Peter,

> >I had a hack last night and got lwIP (latest CVS
> >sources) to compile against the EL/IX eCos template
> >sans net package.
>
> Good. I had planned to base lwIP directly on the
> eCos kernel API. I must
> have a look if using the EL/IX template could cause
> any problems on my target.

I originally started by using the EL/IX layer to ease
the port (I've just modified the Unix architecture
files).  Using the kernel API may be preferable long
term for marginaly improved performance,  though I
still intend to have EL/IX layer anyway (its worth the
extra footprint for the ease of porting freely
available code).

I've not had time to debug lwIP on my ARM 7T target
yet - currently its falling over somewhere during
initialisation, something not quite right with my
semaphore stuff in sys_arch I think.

Cheers,
Phil.