lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] File structure regarding sioslipif and eventual

From: Rod Boyce
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] File structure regarding sioslipif and eventually pppi f
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:02:36 -0000

All,

I could not disagree more with the below statment 8+3 is the bad old DOS days I
cannot understand why someone would infilict these confines on a now mostly
free community.
Even winblows 95 and beyond can use more that 8+3 characters in its filenames.
I would be more than a little suprised to find any person or company still
using a DOS envoriment for development.  Even my old DOS developments that I
have to support even now I fire up Windows NT and develop in there.  I still
have a copy of DOS around but I left it behind long age and would not mind
renaming evey single file.
If I'm going to have to write my own make file then I'll reformat the files.
But even Borland C 5.01 my now current DOS compiler supports long file names
the only file I need in 8+3 format is the output file.

Lets face it in a free society who needs gates and windows.

Regards,
Rod Boyce.

Keep LwIP DOS formatting free..