lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] debug statements and newlines

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] debug statements and newlines
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:40:51 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Leon Woestenberg wrote:

> Hello Mike, and others,
>
> > I've noticed that some of the DEBUG() strings itn lwip
> > have trailing newlines, and some do not.  What is
> > the correct way to do it?  And, if I went through the whole
> >
> As long as we keep debug messages one-liners, I would say
> leave newlines out of the messages. I might be the one who
> introduced the latest newlines btw...

Wouldn't that mean that when printed out they would all appear to be one
big long line?

Most of the debug statements have a single "\n" at the end which means
that the next debug statement will go on a different line, which I think
is good.  Some don't, either because they should but someone forgot, or
because there are many statements making up a single line of output and
then there is just one newline at the end.  I think the printing of the
status of a tcp connection is an example of this.

Maybe I've missed the point of the question - if so, a couple of examples
of the different kinds of debug statements that are in question would be
good.

Thanks

Kieran