lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP TIME_WAIT

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP TIME_WAIT
Date: 01 Apr 2004 09:11:56 +0100

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 01:15, address@hidden wrote:
> It appears that once a connection goes to TIME_WAIT state, even if it
> receives a RST packet from the other side of the connection, the
> current code won't close the connection associated with this TIME_WAIT
> state. Let me know if this is a bug or I am wrong. Thanks.

According to RFC 793 a connection should stay in the TIME_WAIT state
until the 2MSL timeout has gone off.  I know some stacks break this in
order to reduce the number of open connections, and this could be
justifiable in an embedded system using lwIP where memory is at a
premium.  What behaviour were you hoping for?

Kieran