lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP features

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP features
Date: 01 Apr 2004 09:17:02 +0100

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 08:33, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm thinking about to use the lwIP stack. Until now I'm not very familiar
> with TCP/IP.
> So my question is, are there any important requirements, features,
> functionalities that are not implemented in lwIP. Is it “conditionally
> compliant” or
> “unconditionally compliant” in relation to RFC1122.

I'm not 100% sure (perhaps someone else can offer a more confident
answer?) but last time this was raised it was described like this:

RFC1122 describes (i) the interface between the stack and other stacks
(across the network) and (ii) the interface between the stack and the
application.  lwIP is entirely compatible with other stacks (i.e. it
does all the interface with other stacks) but not all the interface to
the application bits (e.g. many socket options are not supported).
There may also be some features or protocols (other than TCP/UDP/IP)
that have not yet been implemented, but it is very much usable in its
current state.

Kieran