lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Question about compiling minimal under unix ...need hel

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Question about compiling minimal under unix ...need help
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:26:13 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Durgaprasad Chivukula wrote:

Hi,

I am newbie to lwip , I am trying to compile Minimal project under
contrib module
under unix with a normal gcc compiler . After typing  make arch =
unix ,I  am getting the  the error " Fatal error : Don't know how to
make ARCH.

You might be misunderstanding part of the Makefile. The comment that says "#To compile for linux: make ARCH=linux" means "if you want to compile for linux, make the following line in the Makefile read "ARCH=linux" rather than "ARCH=unix" or "ARCH=cygwin"" I don't think it's an option you can just specify on the command line.

Instead , when I simply type  make   I am getting the error

Just typing "make" is the right way to build it, I think.

mksh: Warning: newline is not last character in file Makefile

It is in the Makefile distributed.

Current working directory
/home/chivukul/contrib/ports/unix/proj/minimal
rm -f *.o liblwip4.a liblwipapps.a minimal .depend* *.core core
depend dep: .depend
sh: depend: not found

Looks like you're missing the "depend" command. You'll need to install that or make sure it's on your PATH before you can make anything.

*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `clean'

I desperatley need help in this ... I am thankful to any kind of suggestions

 Also one more error I am getting when I tried to compile other projects
 like unixsim or lib under contrib directory is  the following error

 I just typed make arch = unix

Again I don't think you need the "arch = unix" on the command line.

 mksh: Warning: newline is not last character in file Makefile
Current working directory /home/chivukul/contrib/ports/unix/proj/unixsim
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 41: Unexpected end of line seen

That's odd - the Makefiles look fine to me. What OS are you building on, and what compiler and version of make are you using? Are you able to build anything, such as non-lwIP things?

Hope that helps,

Kieran