lwip-users

[lwip-users] LwIP, Multithreads, Multicast

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: [lwip-users] LwIP, Multithreads, Multicast
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:35:48 +0200

Hi Guys,

1/ I start to use lwIP on a Philips Nexperia Environment (DSP). I have some
questions about Multithreads. Looking in the newsletters archive, I read that
there can be problems with multithreads due to some race conditions. But all is
not clear. I don't find enought documentation about lwIP and multithread to
know if it is need to implement a protection in the stack, and where to
implement it... Is there anyone getting more informations about that?

2/ We have integrate Steve Reynolds's IGMPv2 in the 1.1.0 release. It seems to
work, so, my question is, why this feature is not in the standard release?
(because, it is need to change some files to integrate it, and, with each
patch, we have to check it's always ok).

Thanks for your answers

(sorry for my poor english)

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA