lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:07:44 +0200

Hi Kieran,

Sorry for breaking in on this,

> On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 15:31 -0700, e8h3wy wrote:
> > Hi All. Could someone please help me with using the socket API shared
lib -
> > liblwip.so? I tried to compile a small echo server written using lwip
socket
> > API (lwip_socket, lwip_bind etc), but I get some missing symbols. What
other
> > objects should I include in the build, to satisfy the loader? Any hints
> > appreciated.
>
> Hmm, from the symbols you are missing it seems to be an odd collection
> of sys and raw API stuff.  The raw API stuff is a bit confusing - as far
> as I remember (it was nearly four years ago I wrote this example lib
> project) it didn't support the raw API.

Raw API shouldn't be too confusing anymore, some missing
details are now documented in doc/rawapi.txt.
Example usage is in contrib/ports/unix/proj/minimal.
It should be very clear now, I hope ...

>  Are you making calls to the raw
> API from your es.c code?  If you need it I suppose you could add raw.c
> to the APIFILES list in the lib's Makefile.

Note raw.c has nothing todo with raw api, it's about raw (low-level)
PCBs...

There is no 'API file' for this, you merely use
all funcs in lwip/src/core directly instead of using the
sequential API wrapper.

Bye,

Christiaan Simons