lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library

From: Dennis Sandwiese
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

> On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 15:31 -0700, e8h3wy wrote:
>> Hi All. Could someone please help me with using the
socket API shared lib -
>> liblwip.so? I tried to compile a small echo server
written using lwip socket
>> API (lwip_socket, lwip_bind etc), but I get some
missing symbols. What other
>> objects should I include in the build, to satisfy
the loader? Any hints
>> appreciated.
>
> Hmm, from the symbols you are missing it seems to be
an odd collection
> of sys and raw API stuff.  The raw API stuff is a
bit confusing - as far
> as I remember (it was nearly four years ago I wrote
this example lib
> project) it didn't support the raw API.  Are you
making calls to the raw
> API from your es.c code?  If you need it I suppose
you could add raw.c
> to the APIFILES list in the lib's Makefile.  The sys
stuff should be
> defined by your port: it is all the OS specific
things that aren't
> included in the core lwIP.  The Makefile should pick
this up in the
> LWIPARCH and ARCHFILES list.
>
> Sounds to me like the Makefile for the lib may have
become out of date
> compared to the rest of the project.  I'd start
looking there if I was
> you.  This lib is intended to just be an example of
how you might do
> something similar, it's unlikely to be exactly what
you need in its
> current form.

Thank you, Kieran. Most of the missing symbols went
away after making the following changes to lib
project:

- Add $(LWIPDIR)/core/raw.c to COREFILES
- Add $(LWIPDIR)/core/ipv4/ip_frag.c to CORE4FILES
- Add $(LWIPARCH)/*.c and $(LWIPARCH)/netif/*.c to
ARCHFILES
- Add the macros for enabling/disabling debugging per
module to lwipopts.h

But one symbol - sys_now - remains undefined. I tried
setting NO_SYS to 1 in lwipopts.h, but that creates
many other cascading problems. Is there a way out of
this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Dennis