lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip Socket Library
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:22:19 +0100

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 15:16 -0700, Dennis Sandwiese wrote:

> Thank you, Kieran. Most of the missing symbols went
> away after making the following changes to lib
> project:
>
> - Add $(LWIPDIR)/core/raw.c to COREFILES
> - Add $(LWIPDIR)/core/ipv4/ip_frag.c to CORE4FILES
> - Add $(LWIPARCH)/*.c and $(LWIPARCH)/netif/*.c to
> ARCHFILES
> - Add the macros for enabling/disabling debugging per
> module to lwipopts.h

Thanks for the helpful list.

> But one symbol - sys_now - remains undefined. I tried
> setting NO_SYS to 1 in lwipopts.h, but that creates
> many other cascading problems. Is there a way out of
> this problem?

sys_now() should be defined in one of the unix port (architecture
specific files), but doesn't seem to be.  I'm not sure why not.  It only
seems to be used in the delif.c file, which is not necessary for most
people - I think this just simulates a link of a certain delay.  Try
omitting that file and see if it helps.  Otherwise take a look to see if
there are other uses of sys_now in the contrib/ports/unix - I don't have
a searchable up to date copy of this to hand.

Thanks

Kieran