lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 10:43:54 +0100

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 01:16:16PM +0530, Yadnesh Phadke wrote:

> I have written a simple application using lwip_XXX() socket functions.  But
> nothing seems to work.  I debugged through the stack and found that, the
> problem is inside the low_level_XXX() functions.
> The read / write calls on the "/dev/net/tun" do not seem to receive / send
> packets on the Ethernet.  I am stuck with this problem for quiet long and
> have not been able to get through.  Many people seem to be using LWIP on
> Linux, so please help me get through this basic hurdle.

Sounds like you haven't configured tun/tap correctly.  It's been a
long time since I have used tun/tap devices, so can't offer any direct
assistance, but this is where I would look first.  Perhaps someone
else who has done this recently on a similar system could help, or
perhaps you have a local system administrator who could assist you
setting up the tun/tap devices?

Hope that helps

Kieran