lwip-users

[lwip-users] reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port

From: Yadnesh Phadke
Subject: [lwip-users] reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:16:16 +0530

Hi All,

I have downloaded lwIP and successfully compiled it.  In the Linux port, LWIP communicates
over the network using the "TAP/TUN" device.

I have written a simple application using lwip_XXX() socket functions.  But nothing seems to work.  I debugged through the stack and found that, the problem is inside the low_level_XXX() functions.
The read / write calls on the "/dev/net/tun" do not seem to receive / send packets on the Ethernet.  I am stuck with this problem for quiet long and have not been able to get through.  Many people seem to be using LWIP on Linux, so please help me get through this basic hurdle.

Thanks and Regards,
Yadnesh Phadke