lwip-users

[lwip-users] Obtaining the lwIP source codes - how

From: Michael Head
Subject: [lwip-users] Obtaining the lwIP source codes - how
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:39:56 -0700

Hi All,

I'm confused about obtaining the source for lwIP.

The simple way is to follow the Download link at https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=lwip
This leads to a list of zip files at http://nongnu.askapache.com/lwip/
I can find

lwip-1.3.1.zip,
lwip-1.3.1.rc1.zip
lwip-1.3.2.rc1.zip
lwip-1.3.3.rc1.zip

These all contain similar files.  What are these?  Which should I use?

Alternately, there is the CVS link https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=lwip
The page says for newbies that we should "ask a friend to show you the way".  Any friends out there?

Lastly, I will attempt to implement a tcp/ip connection via ppp over gprs.  I have implemented a FreeRTOS on my C161U microprocessor.
Can anyone suggest a lwip document that gives an overview of porting lwip?  I just need to see the forest and right now all I see are trees.

Anyone in the San Diego area want a paid consulting job?

Thanks!