lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn api problem

From: Tyrel Newton
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn api problem
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 08:58:19 -0800

> You may also want to look into the STATS define in lwipopts.h. You could
> invoke the stats_display function after you've detected the error. This
> would allow you to observe the important stack structures without
> drastically changing execution times.
>
> If I've stated the obvious, I apologize.

Not obvious, but I have already implemented that. I actually added some stuff
so that I could send the stats variables over the Ethernet connections as well.
Unfortunately, there isn't really enough info in the stats to indicate what is
going wrong.

I do get a few received packets with erroneous protocols, but these don't seem
to be related to the problem.

Invoking any of the lwIP printf functions reduces throughput on my system a
bunch. Printf and the UART just aren't as fast as the Ethernet.

Tyrel