lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] std includes

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] std includes
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:01:59 +0200

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, there isn't a simple solution that will solve both, so lets not
> worry about solving either/both, but instead give lwIP the most sensible
> include order.  To me this is system includes first, lwIP includes
> second.  Is there a counter argument to doing the includes in that
> order?

To me it always was the other way round as I can then be sure that the (lwIP)
header files do not depend on the system/library files:

I think at least the "self-include" (i.e. in udp.c, "#include udp.h") should be
the first include in a C file. With lwIP, this is often not the case (instead,
opt.h is often the first included file). You then sometimes notice that a
header file is missing an include when you use that header file in your
application code (where include order is different).

So unless we fix anything, why change it now?

Simon